25 years ago, The Royal Basin Resort was officially launched by Nana Mamponghene Prof. Gyima Kesse opened the hotel’s doors to the public.
Since the 7th March 1997, the Royal Basin Resort has transformed from a small hotel of 12 rooms to a 22-bedroom property offering executive class guest accommodation.
Guests at The Royal Basin Resort can expect to enjoy beautifully upgraded rooms and an even more welcoming ambiance!
So much has changed since 1997, but one thing has remained the same: The Royal Basin Resort has kept client satisfaction at the core of its services.
“We are proud of the journey we have made in becoming an all-inclusive internationally recognised 3-Star hotel,” says Essie Agyapong-Poku, Managing Director of The Royal Basin Resort.
The Royal Basin Resort will be hosting a series of events throughout this year to celebrate its Silver Jubilee.
Planned activities include:
• Clean-up campaign by all staff
• Donation exercise to Children’s Home
• Award for best hospitality student at KNUST
• Thanksgiving Service on 6th March 2022 at the premises of Royal Basin Hotel.
• Staff and Guests appreciation dinner on 7th March 2022
The people factor
People have played an integral role in the success story of The Royal Basin Resort. Management is proud to celebrate 2 staff members who have been with the hotel since day one, a testament to opportunities provided by a workplace that enhances dedicated service.
The Royal Basin Resort has played a pivotal role in the local community right from the start, investing in it in a variety of ways:
• Donations to health facilities including KCCR and KNUST Tech Hospital during the peak of Covid-19 in 2020
• Donations to the Kumasi Children’s Home
• The Annual Royal Basin Resort Children’s Party hosted by renowned TV personality Kafui Dey and supported by Nestle Ghana and Coca-Cola.
• Access Road in the community.
Over the past 25 years, The Royal Basin Resort has won several prestigious awards highlighting its impact and contribution to the hospitality industry.
• CIMG Hospitality Company of the Year
• 4-time winner of the Best Three Star Hotel of the Year, Ashanti Regional Tourism Awards
• Best Housekeeping of The Year Award
Over the years, the hotel has hosted very important personalities including former Nigerian President Gen. Abubakar, late President Gadaffi’s security entourage, AFCON 2008 officials, religious leaders, and ministers of state.
Management and staff of The Royal Basin Resort look forward to treating guests like royalty!
About the Royal Basin Resort
The Royal Basin Resort is a 3-Star Hotel located opposite St. Louis Secondary School, off the Accra- Kumasi Highway.
The vision of The Royal Basin Resort is to continue to pride itself as a leader in the use of sustainable design in the built environment to find solutions for business and leisure away from the city center’s noise pollution.
The mission of The Royal Basin Resort Limited is to become the preferred location for hospitality and vacation services in an environmentally eco-friendly green location outside the city center.