After putting up his boots at the beginning of October, Eden Hazard, a former player for Chelsea and Real Madrid, has acknowledged that he “does not miss playing football.”
On Monday night, October 30, the Belgian, who was released by Real Madrid earlier this summer, walked the red carpet at the 2023 Ballon d’Or event.
In his speech on life after retirement, the 32-year-old said that he had been enjoying time with his family.
“It’s perfect,” he replied in response to a TNT Sports question about how he was enjoying life after football. It’s flawless. I’m relishing family and life with the kids.
“Of course,” he replied when asked if he still watched football. I am a parent. They engage in football.
“Whenever I can, I watch it on TV.” I have other interests, too, but for now I don’t miss playing football. We’ll find out in a few months.
The Belgian international finished ninth in the 2015 Ballon d’Or competition, despite scoring 110 goals in 352 games for Chelsea.
Hazard provided further information about his decision when he spoke after announcing his retirement earlier in October.
“I had always promised myself that I would quit as soon as I lost enjoyment on the field.” He told L’Avenir, “I didn’t want to go and play somewhere for the money.”
It was the most effective fix. I had stopped enjoying exercise. And I had stopped playing. Making the choice was easy.
You can’t explain everything in life. I am content with who I am. I’m content. I managed to make a calm decision since I had so much to do outside of football.
“It’s a great life where I can do whatever I want.”
Hazard’s contract with Real Madrid was canceled after just 76 appearances for Los Blancos, leaving him without a club.